Saturday, November 17, 2007

10 pounds of fat

That's what I've lost in the 2 months I've been going to Curves. Well, actually, it's 2 months elapsed time but probably only 5-6 weeks of actual workouts due to a cold, visitors, and then sore hands from the big carpet clearout.

On the scale, my weight-loss was only 5-1/4 pounds, but when they measured body fat percentage with their nifty electronic device, mine went down by almost 5%. That lets them calculate actual fat lost, not just weight lost. And they calculated that 10 pounds of fat has been shed. The difference is muscle mass gained.

I lost inches everywhere except for my waist, darnit. But they differentiate between waist and abdomen (what they refer to coyly as "the largest part of your tummy") and I'm down 2 inches there.

I'd still like to lose another 12-15 pounds on the scale, but just being able to get into normal sized clothing is my goal. I'd like to drop a dress size which would put be back on the rack in most stores.

But it was heartening to see progress like this because relying on the scale really doesn't tell you what's going on behind the scenes, so to speak.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would join Curves - I've heard all good about it - but I have nothing I can do with Roc during the daytime if I went - and I don't want to go during the night time...