Saturday, December 29, 2007

Date Night

Z and I haven't been out together (alone) for ages. He spent the day skiing with the boys again today, and called me on the way home from the hill to propose dinner and a movie. I spent the morning at my doc's after-hours clinic for a teeny problem I needed attended to, then did errands, and finally a nap and more of my current book. By 5:00, I was ready to step out into the craziness that is our post-Christmas local mall.

We had a light dinner at Moxie's and then saw Charlie Wilson's War, a very entertaining and though-provoking film with a stellar cast (Tom Hanks, Philip Seymour Hoffman, and Julia Roberts). I admit shameful ignorance of all things Afghanistan, and this kind of brought me up to speed, all wrapped up with dabs of Southern glamour, whisky, and attractive women. An entertaining way to be educated. Z completed my education, from where the movie ends up to today.

No comments: