Thursday, February 7, 2008

Ash Wednesday

It was a strange day. The Toronto area has been hit by a huge snowfall. Z is out of town on business. Half an hour to dig out the car to get to mass at noon, which was peaceful and exactly what I needed to start Lent off on the right foot. A call from the Dean of Discipline Students at the boys' school regarding, well, I won't say. Simple supper of soup, bread, and fruit. Boys were unusually calm and friendly with each other. Early to bed.

My plans for Lent include giving up desserts, saying Morning Prayer each day by 9:00 am, and going on a weekend retreat at the end of this month. I'd also like to get to weekday mass one day per week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I looked out this morning (Thursday) at the snow in the front of the house and declared that it was the most beautiful day of the year! It's sunny and sparkling and the snow plow hasn't been by yet.

Rob is at home because of the car being out of commission and because he has a stress test today. He's working at home.

He plans to get outside in 1/2 an hour to shovel and I'll be sad to see it all messed up.

We didn't make it to Mass yesterday though.