Sunday, March 30, 2008

Earth Hour festivities

Fun by candlelight last night.

Z took the lads snowboarding in the afternoon, although his back was too sore to join them on skiis. As soon as they got home we made some yummy pizzas with breadmaker pizza dough, organic salami, artichokes, feta cheese, black olives and mozzarella. By the time dinner was finished, it was time to kill the lights. We lit candles and played Scattergories for the hour. I had to take off my glasses and stick my nose right into my writing pad, and Z seemed to not be himself (ie., he lost badly), but fun was had by all.

Our street looked pretty dark except for the streetlights, so it looked like a good level of participation, at least in our neighborhood. Z and I crashed pretty soon after 9 and so I was up at 4:30 this morning, and threw a batch of egg bread into the machine for breakfast.

After having all the board games out last night, we decided to play a couple more this afternoon: Bioviva and Word Thief. I won the former and Michael won the latter.

No comments: