Friday, August 8, 2008

August Declutter Challenge: Week 1

The folks over at Organizing Queen are hosting a month-long declutter challange and awarding some interesting prizes. Every Friday, we need to post our weekly progress on decluttering one item per day.

Here's mine!

Friday: Some too-small clothing from boys' closets to take to Goodwill

Saturday: Bags for Goodwill that had been in my car for a number of weeks were dropped off.
Sunday: We were on holidays, but I managed to declutter (i.e. throw out) two old windshield wipers from the back of the car.
Monday: A pile of webbed stuff that you put under carpets. In a trash bag on the porch, waiting for garbage day.
Tuesday: A game that our kids have outgrown. Off to Goodwill.
Wednesday: Baby food that my brother forgot to take home with him when he and his family were visiting this summer. Left at a food bank box at my local grocery store.
Thursday: Cans of cream of mushroom soup that I bought at Costco for some casserole I was making in large quantity. I only used three of them, and will likely never use the rest. Also left at food bank box.

6 comments:

HDMac said...

Wahoo.... feeling lighter? I am!! Excited to see all that has been acomplished!

Marcia Francois said...

Hi Janet, well done - you've done a lot. I love the food going to the food bank!!!

Marcia from Organising Queen

Anonymous said...

Yay! Great job!

cluttercontotrol said...

Excellent job! I better get posting - I did a few things too. :)

Anonymous said...

Loved your picture show-and-tell. I'm impressed that you even declutterd while on vacation.

Good luck with the rest of week 2.

Amanda said...

great idea of living the baby food and cans at a food drive. I would of never thought of that. Way to go on decluttering!