Friday, August 22, 2008

August Declutter Challenge: Week 3


Here we go again!

Item 1: This is some track lighting that we purchased for a house that we lived in 3 houses ago (our first house). This means that we have paid someone to move it (and the rest of our household contents) three times. We have nowhere in our current house to use it, so it's gone to Goodwill.
Item 2: Anti-allergy pillow cover. All of our pillows are either covered, or are new and don't require this. Gone to Goodwill.
Item 3: In preparation for school start in a week and a half, I did some house-wide decluttering and gathered pens, pencils, sharpies, and school tools together and put them in this box in the kichen, where the boys typically do their homework. It's even labelled. I am such a geek.
Item 4: These books were listed at amazon.ca and didn't sell after their first listing period (60 days?). So they're going to Goodwill.
Item 5: Fake flowers in fake tea-pot. Need I say more? They were purchased when we were staging our last house to sell. Gone to Goodwill.
Item 6: Hand cream that I have never used. Got it as a free gift with purchase when I bought a Christmas present a couple of years ago. Gone.
Item 7: No photos here, but I had both my boys clear out the space under their beds. It was mostly old school books (Alex) and toys (Michael). School stuff went into the trash/recycling. Old toys to Goodwill.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello fellow Canadian!
Great job on decluttering!

HDMac said...

You are not a geek! lol I am finding that labeling is very important not just to me but to others that may be looking for something. Besides, my 13 year old granddaughter loves to use the label maker! Gets her involved! She is going to help both with moving things around and labeling! :) Bless her heart!

Marcia Francois said...

Oh Janet, you are not a geek - labelling is one of my essentials for people who are very visual (60% of the population)

Or maybe I'm the geek then?

Marcia from Organising Queen

Anonymous said...

Great job on getting rid of stuff.

I'm also a labeler. One time I didn't feel well enough to go with a 2 family camping trip, but I still bought the food and organized the family. When they all came back, I was told about that many jokes were told at my expense because of how I labeled everything - inlcluding the container with "sliced tomatoes."

I still don't see what's funny about that. :-)