Monday, September 29, 2008

A Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY Monday September 29, 2008...

Outside my window… it's grey and damp

I am thinking…about visitors and celebrations over the next couple of months.

I am thankful for… the opportunity to sing with a great parish choir

From the kitchen…I have just made a large batch of Arrabbiata sauce from beautiful Ontario tomatoes and my own fresh basil

I am wearing… black workout pants, light purple hoodie, running shoes

I am creating… more space in my house by decluttering

I am going… to the grocery store this afternoon to shop for the week

I am reading… Second Honeymoon by Joanna Trollope (how did I miss this one?)

I am hoping… that Z and Michael feel better soon

I am hearing… the kettle starting to boil for tea

Around the house… I have a lot of things to put away: laundry, gifts, recycling

One of my favorite things… is having my sweetie working from home (although NOT that he's sick)

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: our niece arriving for a visit on Friday, tix to Jersey Boys, Nuit Blanche on Saturday.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

In honour of St. Michael the Archangel on his feast day, a painting by artist and writer Michael O'Brien





See more Simple Women's Daybooks for today.

1 comment:

Sweet Woodruff said...

Fresh basil is always so good and it makes my stomach hurt if I have a tummy ache.