Monday, October 20, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook



Media_http2bpblogspot_gdxdi

For Today, October 20, 2008...
Outside My Window... my garden is ready to be put to bed for the winter.

I am thinking... about what a busy yet joyful weekend I spent with family and friends.  

I am thankful for... breakfast with an out-of-town friend on Saturday morning.

From the kitchen... I've got lots of leftovers from our dinner party last night to cover our meal this evening:  arctic char, creamy mashed potatoes, green beans amandine, and half an apple pie.
I am wearing... black slacks, and nice top, and black trouser socks.

I am creating... some flax hand towels and an Irish wool sweater on my knitting needles (that haven't seen the light of day since last spring) .

I am going...to drive my mother to the train station in an hour.

I am reading...  The Life of St. Teresa of Avila By Herself.

I am hoping... that my older son makes it to the provincial cross-country finals.

I am hearing... cars travelling on the wet road, and my dryer tumbling the first of three loads of laundry to do today.

Around the house... it's tidy and dustfree after our dinner party last night.

One of my favorite things... about Fall is snuggling under warm blankets at night and sleeping soundly right through to morning.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: I'm hoping to attend a free chamber music concert tomorrow at noon.  Wednesday is university information night at my sons' school. Saturday is my sister's birthday and I really should get going on a gift!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Demonstration garden at Evergreen Brick Works.

Media_http3bpblogspot_gmvvf

No comments: