Monday, October 6, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook



For Today, October 6, 2008...
Outside My Window... my huge maple is starting to turn colour.
I am thinking... about how to maximize the little energy I have at the moment and deal with housework that's been left undone while I've had a cold.
I am thankful for... a lovely weekend spent with family.
From the kitchen... I'm hoping to eke out one more supper before having to hit the grocery store.
I am wearing... cozy pyjamas and slippers.  
I am creating... a sense of calm and peace in which to recover.
I am going...to drive to the boys school to pick up Michael's tuba this afternoon.
I am reading... a light crime novel, Sudden Mischief by Robert B. Parker, before I start The Life of St. Teresa of Avila By Herself
I am hoping... that I'll start to feel better in a day or two.
I am hearing... the dog snoring.
Around the house... it's rather chaotic and dusty.
One of my favorite things... about being sick is the chance to read for an extended period of time without feeling guilty.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: I have a massage booked for Thurday.  Academic awards night at the boys school.  Thanksgiving weekend coming up.  Alex heading out of town for a cross-country meet.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
From the Markham Fair this weekend

3 comments:

Thru Pink Curtains said...

and also a way to get the kids to help around the house more at least thats how i used it to my advantage!!!!! i lived in toronto years ago on .....can't remember the street where branson used to be bathurst and something....................

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon!

A happy heart at home said...

I hope you're feeling better. I always spend too much time reading LOL!

I hope you have a nice weekend.

~Susan