Monday, November 17, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook


Media_http2bpblogspot_sygkv

For Today, November 17, 2008...
Outside My Window... it's sunny and cold.  The garden is still sadly unattended.  It needs to be tidied up for the winter.

I am thinking... about my meetings with Michaels' math teacher and learning enrichment center staff tomorrow.  

I am thankful for...  a wonderful birthday dinner out at Terroni last night, to celebrate Z and A's birthdays this week.

From the kitchen... I've got a bowl of great northern beans soaking for my first attempt at homemade baked beans.  There's also an organic chicken ready to go into the oven for dinner tonight.
I am wearing... lack trousers, black shell, red embroidered blouse, black socks.

I am creating... a sweater in brown heather, that I started last spring.  I have half a sleeve and the front/neckline finishing left to do.

I am going...to prep my chicken and make some bread stuffing.

I am reading...  The Origin of Species by Nino Ricci.

I am hoping... that I have the courage to continue on my Couch-to-5k plan as the weather gets colder.

I am hearing... Vivaldi's Gloria, which I will have the opportunity to sing with the Aradia Ensemble at their Christmas concert.

Around the house... the laundry seems to be overtaking me.  I need to get back on my load-a-day schedule.

One of my favorite things... is a hot bath with epsom salts and a good book. 

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Tomorrow is the first of our parish's advent bible studies on Luke.  I also have meetings at Michael's school in the afternoon.  Wednesday is Alex and Z's actual birthday...must bake something.  Thurday is a free concert by the Ottawa Bach Choir at noon at Massey Hall.  On Sunday, Father Larry is taking the choir out for lunch after mass.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
My birthday boys at dinner last night.

Media_http4bpblogspot_itehq

No comments: