Monday, November 3, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook




Media_http2bpblogspot_vgeex

For Today, November 3, 2008...
Outside My Window
... the naked maple tree is letting in light desperately needed as we enter the dark season.

I am thinking
... about the first of a series of lectures I attended this morning on the life of Teresa of Avila.  

I am thankful for
... cool nights and mild days.

From the kitchen.
.. I'm roasting two chickens today to make a number of meals for the upcoming week.
I am wearing
... jeans, pale green sweater with green and white striped blouse, black socks.

I am creating
... some christmas gifts that must remain a secret for the time being!

I am going
...to take Wilson for a long walk this afternoon.

I am reading
...  The Life of St. Teresa of Avila By Herself.

I am hoping
... that Alex can manage his workload from school this week after being away at provincial cross-country finals.

I am hearing
... far too much about the US election.

Around the house
... I need to do an overall tidy and clean, and get the winter scarves and hats sorted and stashed.

One of my favorite things.
.. these days is listening to BBC podcasts while walking the dog.  

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week
: I have a massage booked on Wednesday, parent-teacher interviews on Thursday, and I'd like to get to adoration at Blessed Trinity on Friday.

Here is picture thought I am sharing
...
Alex Janvier,
Morning Star
,  painted in a dome in the Canadian Museum of Civilization. The dome is 19 meters wide and rises seven stories above the floor of the Great Hall.  This work represents a travelling guide used by the Dene Suline people.  Photograph was taken in June 2001.

Media_http1bpblogspot_kncik

.

No comments: