Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Books in the mail!

Today I received three parcels in the mail via BookMooch.  (BookMooch  is an online community that facilitates book trading, letting you swap out the books you've read for books you'd like to read.)

By fluke, three of the four books I had requested over the past few weeks arrived today.
  1. Twelve Months of Monastery Soups by Brother Victor-Antoine d'Avila-Latourette.
    I have his other book, From a Monastery Kitchen, and really enjoy his recipes and commentary.  And just in time for soup season!
  2. Teresa of Avila:  Progress of a Soul by Cathleen Medwick
    This is a biography of Saint Teresa that was mentioned by the lecturer of the course I'm taking.  She has read some passages from the book in class to illustrate some issues and it should be a great read.
  3. Wednesday's Child by Peter Robinson.
    One of the excellent Inspector Banks mysteries that I am working my way through.  I've managed to score half a dozen books from this series through Book Mooch, which is great because there is always a big waiting list for them at the public library, and I want to read them in order.  They are also an easy to sell at my local book exchange, where I get credit for even more books!
I can't believe the condition of these books.  They are all like-new.  Three great additions to my home library (until I decide to swap them out!)

No comments: