Monday, December 1, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook




For Today, December  1, 2008...
Outside My Window... it's damp and slushy.  
I am thinking... about the remaining gifts on my Christmas shopping list.
I am thankful for... seeing friends and family in Ottawa this past weekend, and how great it was to reconnect.
From the kitchen... I made chicken divan for dinner tonight.  Haven't made it for a long time and it was a perfect meal!
I am wearing... jeans, grey v-neck sweater, black socks.
I am creating... a sweater in brown heather, that I started last spring. Still.
I am going...throw in one more load of laundry this evening so that Alex has some clean running clothes for tomorrow.
I am reading... Bitter Medicine by Sara Paretsky.  
I am hoping... to find peace and calm during Advent.
I am hearing... Stephen Colbert interviewing Bob Woodward.
Around the house... I was pleasantly surprised to return from a weekend away and find a clean kitchen and vacuumed stairs.
One of my favorite things... is walking in from a chilly damp walk to a warm, fragrant home.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Advent bible study tomorrow morning, Toronto Symphony Orchestra on Thursday (The Planets and Rite of Spring), some baking and Christmas shopping.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Sculpture titled "Mother and Child II" by Jacques Lipchitz.
On display at Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts, Toronto.



No comments: