Monday, December 8, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook



For Today, December  8, 2008...
Outside My Window... cold and windy, with dry snow on the ground.  
I am thinking... that my cold is taking a long time to disappear, and after not sleeping well last night, I'd kinda like a morning nap.
I am thankful for...a relaxing weekend spent with family, a few good books, some board games, and easy meals.
From the kitchen... I need to get out and get some groceries today.  It would be nice to clean the fridge, but that will have to wait until I have more energy.
I am wearing... a decidedly non-trendy velour lounge suit and thick purple socks.
I am creating... a sweater in brown heather, that I started last spring. Still.
I am going...to have a shower, throw in some laundry, and hit the grocery store.
I am reading... The Seven Sisters, by Margaret Drabble.  
I am hoping... that I'm 100% well by the dress rehearsal for a concert I'm singing in this upcoming weekend.
I am hearing... the whoosh of warm air coming through the vent at my feet.
Around the house... we're getting the basement ready to remove old carpet and install a new subfloor.
One of my favorite things... is spending the day in comfortable clothes, drinking tea, and reading.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Advent bible study tomorrow morning, a massage on Wednesday, cut and colour on Thursday, concert dress rehearsal Saturday afternoon and concert on Sunday afternoon.  I'll be in the chorus for Vivaldi's Gloria performed by the Aradia Ensemble.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
icon by Fr. William McNichols


4 comments:

Jen said...

I enjoyed your daybook. Hope you have a great week.

Sandra said...

Great daybook.

My Daybook Entry

Anita Ann said...

I enjoyed reading have a blessed week.

Aisling said...

I DID take a nap this morning, but it was unplanned, I fell asleep sat up at the computer desk and apparently was even heard to snore!