Monday, December 29, 2008

Spiritual Goal Setting

Of all the blogs I read on a regular basis, Jennifer at Conversion Diary has some of the most thought-provoking posts.  Today, she summarizes lessons she learned in 2008, with links to her previous posts on each lesson.  I am committed to going through this before the end of this year and setting some goals for myself for 2009.

Here is what she learned:
  1. If my goal is to have a God-centered, peaceful life, I cannot do nearly as much as I thought I could. 
  2. Life is easier when my days revolve around prayer. 
  3. It's harder for me to trust God with small stuff than with big stuff.
  4. Fear is the absence of love.
  5. Answered prayers are easier to see when looking at the world through a lens of love and humility.
  6. I did not lose my own life when I embraced the idea that my primary vocation is to be a wife and a mother; in fact, I found it.
  7. Christianity is the fulfillment of the atheistic beliefs I was raised with.
  8. There are ways you can structure your lifestyle to make it more conducive to holiness.
Jennifer is the blogger who conducted what she termed A Reckless Experiement with Prayer, wherein she started praying the Liturgy of the Hours.  (See lesson 2 above.)  Here are all her posts on that topic.

No comments: