Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday Choral Report

Processional:  O Praise the Lord (CBW3 - 593)
Offertory:  A Wondrous Love (American Traditional - from Sacred Harp 159)
Communion:  Gustate et Videte (Heinrich Isaac) 
Recessional:  Tell Out My Soul (CBW3 - 575)

Singing A Wondrous Love took me back to a Shape Note Singing workshop I did many years ago when Village Harmony visited our church in Ottawa.  Here's a version of the song done by a group of American shape note singers.



I would love to attend a singing somewhere in Toronto, if I can find one!

3 comments:

owenswain said...

Confessing ignorance: Why is everyone not only the leader doing that arm tempo thing?

Anonymous said...

Some of them are doing it to help the leader. Some of them are doing it to help the people sitting behind the leader who can't see what he's doing. And some are doing it for their own satisfaction.

owenswain said...

:) thanks for the fulsome explanation.