Friday, March 13, 2009

Who knew? He's Welsh!

Maybe I've been living under a rock or something...

I've been following ABC's Brothers and Sisters since it started, and it's a very interesting drama with a great cast, including Sally Field, Patricia Wettig, Calista Flockhart, and Rob Lowe.  It's been getting pretty tense this season, and so when I noticed that my Tivo had picked up an episode of The View with guests Sally Field and Calista Flockhart, I watched it while folding laundry.

As part of the segment, they did a tour of the B&S set, led by Matthew Rhys who plays brother Kevin Walker.  I had never noticed his (real) name before, and when he started speaking with a Welsh accent, I though he was putting it on.  And then it became apparent that it IS his real voice, and his Kevin Walker accent is put on!  Holy cow! Another Hugh Laurie/Gregory House thing (although he's a Brit, but you get my drift.)

I have a thing for accents.  Z initially won me over with his cute Lebanese-French accent.  And let me tell you, I could listen to Matthew Rhys lecture on particle physics and pay total attention.  Here's a clip from the YouTube, an interview with ABC News, talking about his role on Brothers and Sisters.

No comments: