Monday, April 6, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Media_http2bpblogspot_xbvna

For Today, April 6, 2009...
Outside My Window
... it's snowing!  Yesterday we were cleaning up the garden and today there is a light dusting of snow everywhere.  Just-budding trees silhouetted against grey skies.

I am thinking
...that I need to organize Easter weekend meals and treats.

I am thankful for
...new friendships, happy spouse and children, and a relaxing weekend.

From the kitchen.
..the huevos rancheros we made last week were delish.  I need to get some meals planned for the next few days.
I am wearing
... nightgown and robe, birkenstocks.

I am creating
... order in the house.  Kind of.

I am going
...to finish our Canadian and US taxes today.

I am reading
... The Diary of a Country Priest
Media_httpwwwassocama_mdfaj
 by Georges Bernanos.

I am hoping
... that Michael and Z get over their prolonged sore throats and that Z's eyes clear up.

I am hearing
... the woosh of the forced air furnace, the sound of cars on wet pavement, and a snoring dog.

Around the house
...I'd like to get some spring decor out and make some new, light-coloured covers for the throw cushions.

One of my favorite things.
..these days is family history research.  I have restarted a subscription with ancestry.com and am enjoying filling in lots of holes in my family tree!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week
: I will be singing with the choir at Holy Week liturgies on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  

Here is picture thought I am sharing
...
Me and my Aunt Edith, watching some bowling action at her 80th birthday party last month.

Media_http1bpblogspot_agjah

.

No comments: