Monday, September 14, 2009

Easing into Fall

Beth at My Simpler Life has some ideas for Easing into a New Season.

1) Decide what the top 5 priorities are for the next few months. Then when opportunities come up you can decide if they will fit or not. (The following are not in order of importance.)

  1. Continue to get in better shape via Curves, dog-walking, and sensible eating.
  2. Grow my spiritual life with daily prayer and meditation and the sacraments.
  3. Be of service to others.
  4. Love my family through a peaceful home, hearty meals, clean clothes, and my presence.
  5. Consider my response to suffering: my own, and other's.

2) Create a new routine for a new season.

  1. New cleaning schedule.
  2. Consolidate errands so that I am not spending as much time in the car.

3) Put some seasonal activities you’d love to enjoy on your calendar. Adding fun activities makes you feel more alive – and that’s good for everybody.

  1. Outdoor walks
  2. Fall festivals
  3. Weekend away.

4) Change up your self care. Maybe you need a different moisturizer. Maybe you are heading outside again for exercise after a hot summer. Maybe you pursue different hobbies each season.

  1. Book a massage.
  2. Put something on my needles.
  3. Resume blogging.

5) Ask questions in a notebook or journal. "What would make this season great?" "What am I most looking forward to?" and "What stresses can I prepare for?"

  1. Z and I have an opportunity for a weekend away in October. I will plan something for that.
  2. Think about a meaningful Thanksgiving celebration when Alex is home from university.
  3. Get the garden put to bed properly.

6) Finally take a look at your calendar. Can you take anything out? Are there any deadlines or events coming up that you can plan for? If your calendar makes you miserable when you look at it, make sure it includes enjoyable activities and seeing your favorite people.

I'm okay on this front. My calendar makes me happy!


Posted using
ShareThis

No comments: