Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A couple of great scores!

I subscribe to a number of email lists from various arts institutions here in Toronto and have been well-served over the past 24 hours.  Last night, I got notice that the few remaining tickets for tonights Naturally 7 concert  in Koerner Hall were going on sale (2 for 1) so I scooped up a couple.  I've never seen these guys in person, but they look fantastic!  It'll also be our first visit to this apparently gorgeous new hall.  Here's a sample...everthing is vocal.



This morning, I got an email from the Canadian Opera Company stating that they're mounting an additional performance of The Nightingale and Other Short Fables, the Robert Lepage production that has been receiving incredible reviews. The one where he fills the orchestra pit with water for puppeteers to work in, and the orchestra is on stage.  I managed to score some great tickets for that as well....all other performances are sold out.  Have a look at some of the images from the production (click on the image below).
Media_httpwwwcoccaecm_pfebg

I love this city!

No comments: