Friday, October 23, 2009

Company Girl Coffee Time




I pretty much did my Friday morning brain-dump in my Seven Quick Takes post below.  I'm glad you dropped by.  Scroll down to see what's up with me, and leave me a comment!

On my list for today:

  • Look after my 14 yo who seems to have the flu.  I entered his room to wake him up this morning and he had the blankets piled on top of his duvet and a moderate fever.  He's had a cough for a day or two, but it seems full-blown today with runny nose and body aches.  Some orange juice and tylenol, and he's up on his computer now.  And requesting a panini.
  • Clean out the fridge.  It's appalling.  Really. Grimy. I've been putting it off for a couple of weeks, but today's the day.
    Update:  The fridge is almost done...one more drawer and the grill at the bottom to wash and I'm done.  It sparkles!
  • Put away my summer clothes.  I have those space bags and I slip them under my bed once they're shrunk down.  I just need to put the rest of the stuff in my dresser in the bag, suck out the air, and I'm done.  I've already put away our summer quilts so we're on the path.
  • Start on this week's assignment on the Clutter Diet, which is organizing my home office.
No more commitments for today.  I need time to visit some of y'all.

3 comments:

Jo said...

That sounds like plenty to handle in one day. Good luck with the fridge, and I hope your 14 year old feels better soon.

Have a lovely weekend.

Best wishes,
Jo

Marie said...

Hello Janet - oh, thank you for reminding me to clean my fridge. Yuck. Not my favorite house hold chore! But it always feels so good when it's nice and clean.

Praying for you as you are nurse Mama today!

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

secondofwett said...

It sounds like my 18 yr old has the same as your 14 yr old....dragging and slight caough for a couple of days and then yesterday a call from his teacher to come and get him and now today...he's still grumpy and in bed.....I dislike this season and do not want to get sick either...nobody ever stays home and looks after mom!