Sunday, November 1, 2009

NaBloPoMo Day 1!

Media_httpwwwfussyorg_dvmhc
 It's the first of November, the Solemnity of All Saints, and the first day of National Blog Posting Month,.  I've been blogging for 6 or 7 years now, since we left Canada for Atlanta in 2002, I think, so I"ve been in the game for a while, but this is my first year participating in NaBloPoMo.  The discipline of posting every day for 30 days will be good.  I'm going to try to do some more photography this month as well.

It's hard to believe that November is here already I must say, although yesterday's wind and rain pretty much emptied the trees in my neighborhood.  There's a lot of raking to do out there now, and sometimes it's a short period of time between the last leaves falling and the beginning of snow, so I've got to get moving on those final yard work tasks.

A couple of friends are joining me for lunch after choir and mass this morning.  We're heading to Honeys Beestro,the location just a few blocks from me on Avenue Road.  One of them wants to do some shopping at Royal Lighting, also very close to me so we'll head there afterwards to look at some fixtures.  I was just in there yesterday picking up some track lighting for our living room.  We had an electrician in to install two ceiling fans in the boys rooms, a junction box in our soon-to-be dining room for our new chandelier, and the track lighting in the study area of our living room.  Now we need to get our carpenters to put up crown molding and a medallion in our dining room and it will be ready for the light fixture.

No comments: