Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

Media_httprootsandrin_sdahr

Another ten from our hostess Chelsea at Roots and Rings.

1. What are some of your family traditions?
We celebrate Saints days with dinner out for both our boys.  We have family dinners every night except for Friday. We eat lamb at Easter.  Everyone gets a Christmas stocking, and everyone buys at least one item for everyone else's stocking.  We have a fave sushi place three blocks from home that we eat at every couple of weeks.

2. Do you know how to change a flat tire?
Yes.  I've done it twice, on two different cars.  But I follow the directions on the jack.  I'm good with directions.

3. Do you subscribe to any magazines? What are your favorites?
When we moved two years ago, we gave up most of our subscriptions because we were overwhelmed with stuff.  My favorite magazine, to which I subscribed for over 20 years, is The New Yorker.  I also like Vanity Fair.  These days, I get two daily newspapers (local and national) plus a weekly Catholic paper. Most of my magazine type reading is done online via my RSS reader.

4. What are your top three favorite office supply items? (If you don’t share the love of office supplies with me or if you are male, you may skip this question.)
My label-maker, good pens (my husband spots them and brings them home), planners of different sizes.

5. Are you a good public speaker?
Yes, I think so.  In fact, I was complimented by a nun after my theology class today on my articulate speech in a tense discussion during class.  I used to be very nervous, and then I took a Presentation Skills course at work where they videotaped us.  I looked so confident, that I never felt nervous again.

6. How do you feel about acronyms?
I worked in telecom for 17 years, and it's all about acronyms.  So I'm comfortable with them. I love it that Rachel Ray refers to EVOO in her cooking show.

7. What’s the most creative things you’ve ever done? (Bloggers, feel free to include pictures!)
This is a hard one as I am a crafter, but I am very proud of the floor cushions I made out of old skateboarding t-shirts, incorporating the labels into the seams.  I also made a quilt for my older son out of old jeans.

8. I’d rather jam a pen in my eye than…
...watch the American Idol auditions.  I cannot bear to hear people sing off key.  I cannot bear to see people who have no clue that they don't have talent.

9. What company has the best advertising?
Apple.

10. When is your birthday?
July 9, 1960.   The big one approaches!

No comments: