Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ten on Tuesday



Join the fun over at Roots and Rings, every Tuesday!

1. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?

A math teacher.  Isn't it every little girl's dream?

2. Name 3 of your irrational fears.

You know, I don't think I have any.  I don't really like okra.  But I'm a big girl and am allowed to not eat everything I'm served.  I'm not big on competitive sports, particularly one involving a racket or bat or club.  So if I ever had to impress someone in a business situation with my golf game, or a tennis match, I'd be pretty frightened.

3. If you had a $200 gift card to any store, what would you want it to be? (Nothing responsible allowed. Can’t be used for groceries or anything)

My first impulse was to say amazon.ca, but I am on a book-buying moratorium until I can clear some shelf space.  So let's say Sephora.  I have a lot of outdated makeup that is probably oozing with bacteria and I'd have no qualms about tossing it all for new stuff.  And I'd like a bottle of Miracle by Lancome.

4. What is your most (blog-friendly) embarrassing moment?

Waiting in a restaurant for a table in a then-fashionable drop-waisted dress.  A woman came up to me, rubbed my tummy and asked me when I was due.  I wasn't. Due.  I guess she should have been the embarrassed one, but I was mortified.

5. If you were only allowed to eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would you choose?

This is too evil to contemplate.  Can I choose a food group?  Fruit?  Cheese?

6. What was your favorite toy growing up?

Spirograph.  My favorite toy that I NEVER GOT, EVEN THOUGH I BEGGED SANTA was an EasyBake Oven.  Apparently, there are lots of grown women who have never forgiven Santa for this, and a lot of their parents who blithely said "You can just use the regular oven, anytime.  I can help you."  Yeah, right.

7. Do you have a “go to” outfit? What is it?

For dressy occasions:  Black velvet pencil skirt, some kind of dressy top.

For every day:  Black cords or jeans, v-neck long or 3/4 sleeve top.  Leather jacket.  Oh look.  That's what I have on today.

8. Who was the best teacher you ever had?

Mr. Cook in Grade 7 and part off Grade 8.  I was in an enriched class and he was terrific.  I can't exactly remember why, but when they switched him out in Grade 8 for another teacher, we all cried.  Okay, maybe just the girls.

9. If you could buy any car right now (something at least SORT OF within the realm of reality…so, you know, a Rolls Royce may not qualify), what would it be?

I like the Nissan Cube, but my family doesn't.  Could it be because they are men?  And this is a car targeted at women? But this is my fantasy, so that'd be it.

10. How do you reckon that Chelsea comes up with 10 of these questions every week? It was hard! What’s your theory on how she’s so creative? Are you going to help her?

Chelsea is clearly brilliant.  Anyone who would research toilet paper the way she did shouldn't be stymied by coming up with ten questions every week.  But yes, I may help out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

4. Happens to me all the time. Literally, all. the. time. I've been belly patted in the grocery store, 7-11, hair salon, even at work. I think people need to realize that certain fashions just make women look thicker around the middle (in my case I completely blame the extra weight on my waist and empire waisted shirts/dresses) and do not assume anything unless it's obvious that they are either pregnant or have a pregnancy looking tumor.

Chelsea said...

My friends have The Cube and they love it. The guy is 6'4 and he fits in it.