Saturday, January 9, 2010

A couple of firsts....

Was up bright and early this morning to get to a local movie theatre!  I won free tickets to the preview of The Spy Next Door and we were asked to arrive between 9 and 10 to pick up our passes for the 10 am screening. This was the first time I'd ever been to a movie so early in the day, and it was actually kinda great.  I won a family four-pack, so we invited friends to join us.

The film was entertaining, in a family-friendly, clean, no big surprises way.  It's a Jackie Chan flick, set in suburban California, with kid-scary Russian bad-guys, a single mom (Amber Valetta) with three kids, and a neighbour who's a spy masquerading as a worker in a pen factory (Chan).  His spy cohorts include Billy Ray Cyrus and George Lopez.  The kids were charming, there were some laughs, and everything turns out in the end.

Our friends were celebrating their 22nd wedding anniversary today, so we wandered a block north to a favorite Dim Sum place for lunch and conversation.

When we got home, Z pulled out his new hair cutting kit and asked me to cut his hair.  He found it on sale at Canadian Tire after Christmas and  thought it'd be great to save the cash from his regular cuts by having me handle it on his behalf.  It was a little nerve-wracking at first, but once you get the hang of it, it went quite smoothly.  I even did this eyebrows and a few other spots that men need to tend to as they get older.  I must say, I did quite a good job, and may consider doing Michael as well, if he wants, LOL!

For the rest of the afternoon, we just vegetated on the sofa reading the papers and our books.  I'm still getting through The Experimental Man and Z is reading Logicomix:  An Epic Search for Truth, a graphic novel about Bertrand Russell that I just got from the library and that he's really enjoying,

No comments: