Monday, January 18, 2010

Untitled

Media_http3bpblogspot_qjcbl

FOR TODAY
January 18, 2010...

Outside my window....it's grey, mild, and damp.  Must remember to put Wilson's coat on for our walk as his pale beige coat will get filthy!
I am thinking...about the fun afternoon and evening I spent with my brother and his children yesterday; a trip to the ROM, dinner, and bedtime.
I am thankful for... a great evening out with new friends on Friday night.
I am learning... that with the right motivation, I can be very disciplined with diet and exercise. It would have been better to start that before the motivation kicked in, but whatever!
From the kitchen...it's just Michael and me this week, so I'll be preparing some tasty but simple meals for two.
I am wearing...black light-weight trousers, striped cotton sweater.  Bare feet.
I am creating... a peaceful master bedroom.  Still a work in progress.
I am going...to attend the first online chat tonight with the declutter group I'm joining!
I am reading...Logicomix: An Epic Search for Truth
Media_httpwwwassocama_qvjpi
by Apostolos Doxiadis and Christos Papadimitriou and  Last Night in Twisted River
Media_httpwwwassocama_ebmbt
by John Irving.
I am hoping...for a good turnout at our first general meeting of the parish Catholic Women's League on Wednesday night.
I am hearing...Z typing upstairs in his office. Oh...the fax is going off....it's a fax from the Vatican!  Saying that we have tickets for the Holy Thursday mass at St. John Lateran!  Seriously, folks.  A fax from Prefettura Della Casa Pontificia.  You're the first to know.
Around the house...I'm backed up in the laundry department and need to take a load of stuff to Goodwill.  I have "sign-off" on the duvet cover for our room, so I hope to either pick it up this week or at least order it.
One of my favorite things...is the pink wool wrap/shawl that my MIL gave me a couple of years ago. It's a little wacky, with bright pink pompoms along the bottom edge, so it's not really something I wear outside the house, but it's very cozy!
A few plans for the rest of the week: declutter chat tonight, babysitting and feeding my nephews and neice on Tuesday evening, Catholic Women's League  general meeting on Wednesday, and a TSO Concert ("Beyond the Score" Mozart Piano Concerto 27 with narration by Paul Gross) on Saturday night!
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Media_http1bpblogspot_gfqov

Here's my dog Wilson having a snooze in his kitchen bed.  Perhaps he needs a bigger one, LOL!

Head on over to The Simple Woman's Daybook to read other participants thoughts!

No comments: