Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A shocking but (maybe) doable proposition?

My feed reader presented me with this today.  I like this guy.  I read Zen Habits and Zen Family Habits, two of his other blogs.  But get rid of books?  Even books I haven't read yet (which is what I've pretty much whittled my fiction down to.)

But I have to take this possibility seriously.  I have too many books.  I have a great public library system that keeps me loaded with fresh reading.  Honestly, I haven't read anything from my shelves in months.  Why can I not just wrap my head around giving away more of them?

I think I'll start going through my non-fiction collection and cull anything that's out of date or unlikely to be read or referred to in the next few years.  And then maybe tackle more fiction.

No comments: