Monday, February 1, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook - February 1st Edition!

Media_http2bpblogspot_yucnj

FOR TODAY
February 1, 2010...

Outside my window....it's cold and grey, although not as cold as it has been!  The weird thing here in Toronto is that, unlike my hometown Ottawa, the snow comes and goes all winter.  So the supercold feels strange without the white blanket.
I am thinking... about the next area that I should tackle in the Declutter challenge.
I am thankful for... calm yesterday after a busy Friday and Saturday.
I am learning... to be open to opportunities for hospitality, and to not stress about it!
From the kitchen... Friday and Saturday were cooking extravaganzas, so yesterday we got Indian takeout.  There's lots of good leftovers for lunch today.  Must plan some meals and get groceries today.
I am wearing...pyjamas and slippers. Tsk.
I am creating... some order to my unstructured days.
I am going... to see my doctor tomorrow for a follow-up check on my blood pressure.
I am reading... Last Night in Twisted River
Media_httpwwwassocama_udsht
 by John Irving.  The first section was rather slow, but it's definitely picked up.  It's amazing to see the same themes running through his books:  bears, loss of body parts, wrestling, ice...
I am hearing... that others felt that the Grammys were all style and no substance.  Went to bed with my book after an hour.
Around the house... I need to deal with Mount Washmore today and make some more decluttering progress.
One of my favorite things... is singing with my parish choir.  We rehearse Sundays at 10 and then sing at the 11:30 mass.  Yesterday we sang Mendelsohhn's Grant Us Thy Peace and If Ye Love Me (Tallis).
A few plans for the rest of the week: Declutter chat tonight.  Doctor's appointment for me tomorrow and orthodontist for Michael after school.  On Saturday, Michael has his first session at U of T's Saturday Science and Engineering Academy and in the evening, we're heading to Harbourfront to hear Saidah Baba Talibah and her band (including Michael's tuba teacher on sousaphone!).  On Sunday, Z and I see Carmen at the Canadian Opera Company!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing... my husband and my godson and nephew Will and my brother's birthday party on Saturday.  I think it's a great picture of both of them.

Media_http4bpblogspot_jbxlh

Head on over to The Simple Woman's Daybook to read other participants thoughts!

No comments: