Monday, February 8, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook - February 8, 2010

Media_http2bpblogspot_mhcns

FOR TODAY
February 8, 2010...

Outside my window....it's sunny and cold!  Just the way I like it....
I am thinking... about dinner tonight.  I just called my mother-in-law in Sweden and had a somewhat fractured conversation in French about how to make one of her dishes (a casserole of layered onions, potatoes, and spiced ground beef patties with tomato sauce).
I am thankful for... the chance to see Carmen at the Canadian Opera Company yesterday.  Wonderful production, gorgeously sensual Carmen, and time with my sweetie.
I am learning... to be open to opportunities for hospitality, and to not stress about it!
From the kitchen... I've realised that it's been a while since we've had a family dinner, with Z being late at work all last week, then meals out, and meals in front of the TV.  We need to get back to the table this week!
I am wearing...mauve cotton v-neck sweater, black cords, black socks.
I am creating... a list of quick, sellable, things I can make for a craft sale at the end of the year.  Right now, I'm thinking of quilted coaters and cocktail napkin sets, embroidered tea towels, hand-knit mittens and wrist-warmers, tote-bags.
I am going... to interview a potential financial planner tomorrow night.
I am reading... Last Night in Twisted River
Media_httpwwwassocama_okytp
 by John Irving. Still.  I really have to get this done.  I'm also reading the February chapter in The Happiness Project
Media_httpwwwassocama_dtcec
, which is all about marriage/love!
I am hearing... the furnace kick on.
Around the house... I need to put away a few things that were displaced by the emptying out of the armoire in our living room.  And then I need to find a way to get it consigned.  I'll probably take some photographs and measurements over to our local furniture resale shop around the corner and see if they are interested in it.
One of my favorite things... is my city.  Toronto.  There is so much to do here, and now that I'm getting better about planning ahead, my calendar is full of options.  We meant to get down to the Art Gallery of Ontario on Saturday but the day slipped away.  Maybe next weekend....
A few plans for the rest of the week: Declutter chat tonight. Financial planner meeting tomorrow night.  It's Michael's 15th birthday on Thursday, so we will take him out for Dim Sum and are planning an extended family party in a couple of weeks.  On Friday, Z and I are going to see David Clayton-Thomas with the TSO at Massey Hall, on Saturday, the Catholic Women's League in our parish is hosting a wine and cheese reception for married couples after the 4:30 mass, and on Sunday Z is taking me out for dinner to a nearby restaurant that we haven't tried yet.
Here's a picture thought I'm sharing:  This is Rinat Shaham as Carmen and Bryan Hymel as Don Jose in the Canadian Opera Company's production that we saw yesterday.
Media_httpwwwcoccaecm_dfakq
Photo Credit: © 2010 Michael Cooper

Head on over to The Simple Woman's Daybook to read other participants thoughts!

No comments: