Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A little (imaginary) stock market success.

I've been participating in the Financial Post Stock Market Challenge, in the training portion of the program.  Today, I made the Top 10 list for players who've made 25 or few trades ("investors"), with a 4.11%  return over the past week.  While I'm 9th in the investor class, I'm 48th out of 7700+ players.

My biggest winners have been Citigroup (C), Apple (AAPL), Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG), Tech Resource (TCK.B), and J Crew Group (CMJ). Canadian Natural Resources (CNR) has also been good.  I took a bath on Dragonwave (DRWI), which I sold, and the big drop in Shopper's Drug Mart (SC) is hurting, but I'm hoping it'll come back.

Z has been encouraging me to put some real money into this, and I'll probably set up a trading account in the near future.  I've been reading Seeking Alpha for advice, as well as the National Post.  It's been kinda fun!

No comments: