Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tuesday miscellany

Last night's presentation of London Assurance by the National Theatre in London was great fun.  It's the second HD satellite broadcast of their plays that I've attended and I really enjoy this format.  It differs from both live theatre and film, an interesting hybrid of the two genres, giving the immediacy of live performance and (some of) the detail/camera angles of film.  I definitely want to catch an opera in this format, and plan to attend next seasons plays.

Alex starts his first day of work today. He's in his second year working at a local day camp, and this week is devoted to staff training. He's been at loose ends for the last two months and this will get his days ordered a little bit.  

I've got a number of things to get done today:

  1. Costco - need items to make sandwiches for reception after a funeral tomorrow
  2. Optician - get broken glasses repaired/buy new frames
  3. Library - return books and pick up holds
  4. Pharmacy - call in prescription
  5. Quilt - continue piecing and press
  6. Genealogy courses - finish Methodology assignments/exam
  7. Fold laundry

I'm finding that if I don't write it all down, the day drifts on and I forget what I need to be focussing on.  I spent a couple of hours on my quilt yesterday and got most of the first set of 96 pieces sewn (two triangles into a square).  I want to finish up that set and press them all before moving on.  

For those of you who are reading this via email subscription, feel free to click through to the blog itself to leave comments on my posts and to visit my other pages.  I have one with a set of links to favorite websites, one each for my Twitter and Facebook feeds, and a list of recent reads (via my amazon estore).  

No comments: