Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook - 13 July 2010

Outside my window...
...the sun is setting.  It's been cooler the past couple of days with a bit of rain.  Everything feels a little fresher and more focussed.

I am thinking...
…about the future.  I turned 50 last Friday and it feels like a time to think about what I want to do with the next 50.

I am thankful for...
…my Kindle e-reader, a gift from Z that arrived from amazon in the mail today!  I am so excited about it.  I have already downloaded one book and moved a bunch of pdfs that I've been wanting to read over from my computer.  It's so small and light, and I'm excited about always having reading material with me!

From the kitchen...
…we had grilled flank steak with a salad of romaine, cucumber, tomato, avocado, and blue cheese for dinner tonight.  A perfect summer meal.  Accompanied by bread and Ontario cherries.

I am wearing...
….an olive green sport skirt and tank.

I am going...
… to see Miss Saigon at the Four Seaons Centre this Friday night.

I am reading...
...Major Pettigrew's Last Stand, a terrific first novel by Helen Simonson.  Am about two thirds of the way through and wish it would never end.  I love books like that!

I am hoping...
…for continued cool weather this week.

I am hearing...
…the television in another room, where Z is watching Life Unexpected.  Also some strange intermittent beeping from the kitchen, the source of which I cannot determine.

Around the house...
…I still have curtains to hem and a lot of dusting to do.

One of my favorite things...
… is preparing a meal that everyone in the household enjoys and comments (positively) on!  

A few plans for the rest of the week:
I'm getting together with a friend for lunch on Thursday, and then taking Michael to his tuba lesson that evening.  Friday is Miss Saigon.  I also want to get a couple of weeks work done in my genealogy course, and do some photocopying at the North York Central Library for an enquiry that's come into the Toronto Branch of the Ontario Genealogical Society.  And play with my Kindle!

Here's a picture thought I am sharing:

This is my mother-in-law Josephine taken with all her children when we were in Paris last month.  They are not often all together, so this was a wonderful opportunity.  From left to right (back row):  Marie-Louise, Jean-Louis, Gemma, Tony.  Front:  Zouheir, Jacques, Josephine.

 

Img_0492

 

The Simple Woman’s Daybook is brought to us at http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ .  Head over there to join the fun!

 

 

No comments: