Thursday, March 3, 2011

A cure for the common cold? Yes, please...

I think I'm starting to crawl out from under this heavy blanket of my cold.  My sinuses are feeling much better today and I don't have a headache, although that may be due to the migraine meds I took last night before bed.  I missed the Evelyn Glennie concert because I was just too sick to get myself there and it seems like it was a wonder.  Sigh.

Teapot_and_honey

This morning, a correspondent told me about a cure that she learned of in Cuba:  a handful of mint leaves, steeped in boiling water, with some honey.  I don't have any fresh mint, but she suggested dried would also work so I've consumed a great mug of that and am hoping for the best. I'm off the cold meds, but may need some pain relief if the headache returns.  

Michael's last Kiwanis event with the school orchestra was this morning, so I had to get dressed and out to transport him, his tuba, and a couple of friends to the venue.  I'm on call to pick him up sometime around noon when it's over and then I'll run some errands.  I'm quite behind in my to-do list but I'm simply knackered with this this cold.  I haven't been this ill for a long time, possibly due to the mega-doses of Vitamin C that I take for something completely different (or has that been disproven?).  Z brought home fixings for dinner last night and assembled everything which was sweet.  Leftovers are available for lunch so I can take it easy. 

I"ll make a chicken pot pie with cornbread crust for dinner (a one-pot meal, and quite easy).  I've got nothing else on until tomorrow night when the man-child has a gig with the Jazz.fm big band at Hart House (Jazz @ Oscar's, 9-11:30 pm). 

Feeling like another cup of tea...

No comments: