Thursday, December 22, 2011

Book review - Cat's Eye by Margaret Atwood.

Cat's EyeCat's Eye by Margaret Atwood
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

An absolutely brilliant novel that I wish I'd read years ago, although perhaps would not have been able to take it all in back then. Atwood's protagonist Elaine expresses so much about what it means to be a woman, and speaks words that resonate deeply with me.

The story follows Elaine from her childhood in Toronto during WW2 through her life as an artist, and her eventual move to in Vancouver. Her return to Toronto for an opening of a retrospective of her work frames the narrative as she reflects on the difficult experiences of being bullied as a pre-teen.

I can't recommend this book highly enough.

View all my reviews

Related articles
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: