Friday, May 4, 2012

Health update

"Coughs and Sneezes Spread Diseases - As ...

"Coughs and Sneezes Spread Diseases - As Dangerous as Poison Gas Shells". U.S. Public Health ad on dangers of Spanish Flu epidemic during World War I. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

The good news: it's not pnemonia.

The bad news: I'm still coughing, wheezing, feverish (low-grade) and short of breath. 

My family doc changed the antibiotics I was on as I was seeing no improvement after five days, and he gave me a "Turbuhaler", a newfangled inhaler that should reduce inflammation in my lungs.

This has been the most annoying illness ever: my trip to England was pretty much a wash-out and I'm worried about upcoming arts events where hacking coughs are discouraged. Next week we have tickets for a play and the orchestra.

It's been three weeks now and I'm SO annoyed by this. I need to apply for a building permit for some work we're having done on the house and I have no energy to do the drawings, fill out the forms, and stand in line at City Hall. I managed to get our taxes done, and luckily TurboTax caught some mistakes that I'm sure I made because I was delerious (well, feverish, at least).

Anyway, gotta run. Got another (unrelated) medical test to get to today. Sorry for the boring post. I'll try to do better next time.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: