Monday, November 17, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook



For Today, November 17, 2008...
Outside My Window... it's sunny and cold.  The garden is still sadly unattended.  It needs to be tidied up for the winter.
I am thinking... about my meetings with Michaels' math teacher and learning enrichment center staff tomorrow.  
I am thankful for...  a wonderful birthday dinner out at Terroni last night, to celebrate Z and A's birthdays this week.
From the kitchen... I've got a bowl of great northern beans soaking for my first attempt at homemade baked beans.  There's also an organic chicken ready to go into the oven for dinner tonight.
I am wearing... lack trousers, black shell, red embroidered blouse, black socks.
I am creating... a sweater in brown heather, that I started last spring.  I have half a sleeve and the front/neckline finishing left to do.
I am going...to prep my chicken and make some bread stuffing.
I am reading...  The Origin of Species by Nino Ricci.
I am hoping... that I have the courage to continue on my Couch-to-5k plan as the weather gets colder.
I am hearing... Vivaldi's Gloria, which I will have the opportunity to sing with the Aradia Ensemble at their Christmas concert.
Around the house... the laundry seems to be overtaking me.  I need to get back on my load-a-day schedule.
One of my favorite things... is a hot bath with epsom salts and a good book. 
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Tomorrow is the first of our parish's advent bible studies on Luke.  I also have meetings at Michael's school in the afternoon.  Wednesday is Alex and Z's actual birthday...must bake something.  Thurday is a free concert by the Ottawa Bach Choir at noon at Massey Hall.  On Sunday, Father Larry is taking the choir out for lunch after mass.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
My birthday boys at dinner last night.



1 comment:

A happy heart at home said...

Hi. I enjoyed your daybook. Nice pic. Sounds like a busy week.

~Susan