Monday, April 6, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook



For Today, April 6, 2009...
Outside My Window... it's snowing!  Yesterday we were cleaning up the garden and today there is a light dusting of snow everywhere.  Just-budding trees silhouetted against grey skies.
I am thinking...that I need to organize Easter weekend meals and treats.
I am thankful for...new friendships, happy spouse and children, and a relaxing weekend.
From the kitchen...the huevos rancheros we made last week were delish.  I need to get some meals planned for the next few days.
I am wearing... nightgown and robe, birkenstocks.
I am creating... order in the house.  Kind of.
I am going...to finish our Canadian and US taxes today.
I am reading... The Diary of a Country Priest by Georges Bernanos.
I am hoping... that Michael and Z get over their prolonged sore throats and that Z's eyes clear up.
I am hearing... the woosh of the forced air furnace, the sound of cars on wet pavement, and a snoring dog.
Around the house...I'd like to get some spring decor out and make some new, light-coloured covers for the throw cushions.
One of my favorite things...these days is family history research.  I have restarted a subscription with ancestry.com and am enjoying filling in lots of holes in my family tree!
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: I will be singing with the choir at Holy Week liturgies on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Me and my Aunt Edith, watching some bowling action at her 80th birthday party last month.

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

Ooh--Canadian AND US taxes. Lucky you. ;)

Thanks for sharing your Daybook!

Cheers from a fellow Catholic in Nebraska! :)

MediMonsters said...

We do genealogy research also and use ancestry.com frequently. It's an addicting hobby.

Have a great week!