Saturday, November 3, 2007

30 Days to Bliss


Laura over at I'm An Organizing Junkie is having another 30 Day Organizational Challenge with some great prizes! My current household project is perfect for this challenge: the basement storage room!

This room was the repository of all the boxes and stuff from our move that didn't have an obvious home. When we first moved in, the room was stuffed, wall to wall, and floor to ceiling. I have made quite a bit of progress, but there is still lots to go.

Eventually, I'd like this space to be a sewing/craft room that would be used for guests as well. Here are my "before" pictures:

View from the entry:

The main part of the room:

Looking back at the entry (hidden, to the left of the closet):


The picture quality is not great because the room is not well lit, and it's difficult to get a good camera angle. It's small, maybe 10x10, with a low ceiling. I will be schlepping a lot of stuff to Goodwill, and selling some things on Craigslist to make this happen!

I have some Ikea IVAR open shelving that is currently in my master bedroom that will be perfect for this space. This weekend, we are installing wire shelving in our MB closet and we're hoping that most of the stuff on the open shelving will find a place in the closet.

Ah, the domino effect of home dec.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I see POTENTIAL!! Good luck with the challenge!

Dawn said...

Good luck with the challenge. It will be a lot of work, but it will be worth it.

Laura said...

Hello! Yes moving is a ton of work isn't it. Just imagine how great it will feel to have this space done and useable. I hope it is going well. All the best,
Laura