Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Ten for Tuesday

Media_httprootsandrin_meawt

Join the fun at Roots and Rings!


1. What animal should cease to exist? (Not including bugs. That’s too obvious.)
Turkey vultures.  Because they are so ugly.  I can't find my photos of the turkey vultures that hung out around our first house in suburban Atlanta, but I swear, I had never seen such hideous creatures in my life.

2. What was your favorite part of elementary school?
Arithmetic.  I loved it.  I still do, frankly.  I loved colouring the groups of bananas in Grade One.  I loved Venn diagrams in Grade Whatever.  I loved teaching my son math when we homeschooled.  Love love love.

3. If scientists found a way to allow dogs to talk, do you think we should implement it? Or should we just keep them quiet?
Definitely.  I'd like to hear mine talk.  I believe that he loves me in a slavish way and I want that confirmed to the rest of the family.  I'd also like to understand why he feels he has to pee on a particular point of the basement stairs.

4. How do you order your Starbucks?

I don't.  I live one block away from Starbucks so the option is there.  But I make damn good coffee at home:  French roasted Sumatran, ground just before brewing, with filtered water, into my beautiful Cuisinart thermal carafe.  And Starbucks annoys me because their customers like to park illegally on my narrow street.

5. What’s worse? People who don’t know the difference between your and you’re OR people who don’t use smack their food?

Not quite sure about this question...something is hazy about option 2.  But I have two teenagers who can be loud eaters, so perhaps I am just used to it. Grammar issues, on the other hand, chap my hide.  Especially when they come from teachers.

6. What CD can you listen to over and over?
Cinema Serenade
Media_httpwwwassocama_zydcy
 with Itzhak Perlman, John Williams and the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra.  I woke up to it every morning for years.

7. What was the most surprising thing about college?

That I met the man I married over 26 years ago.  I really didn't expect to get married until I was well settled in a career.  But I was bowled over.  Hook, line, and sinker, to mix my metaphors.

8. What’s the best deal you ever got? (Biggest sale item.)
I have no idea.  I'm not much of a shopper.

9. Who is your role model? Why?
My mother-in-law.  Here's why.

10. What movie would you like to see that is in theaters right now?
Michael Jackson's This is It.
A Serious Man
The Invention of Lying
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.

No comments: